Hay Bale and DTA Stride Accessible Priority Shuttles
For the 2024 Lake Superior Ice Festival we will be bringing back the Hay Bale Shuttles and DTA Stride Accessible Priority Shuttle! These shuttles will make is easier for you to get around the island, making sure you don’t miss any of the fantastic events!
Hay Bale Shuttles
Shuttles will be equipped with safety rails and one entry and exit area only. Riders must remain seated until shuttles come to a complete stop and will only be able to enter or exit at the specified stops. Maps of the routes and stops will be available online and onsite during the event.
Hay Bale Shuttle Routes will be:
1. Hill Parking area to Festival Park
2. Festival Park to Beach Area
3. Beach Area to Barkers Island Inn
4. Barkers Island Inn to Festival Park
5. Festival Park to Hill Parking Area
Shuttles will not stop at the beach area when traveling from the Inn.
DTA Stride Shuttle
The priority for this shuttle is those needing accessible access or those needing extra accommodation such as wheelchairs or strollers. This shuttle will also follow a specific route and riders will only be able to enter or exit at the specified stops. Maps of the routes and stops will be available online and onsite during the event.
DTA Stride Shuttle Routes will be:
1. Bong Center to Fishing Pier
2. Fishing Pier to Festival Park
3. Festival park to Beach Area
4. Beach Area to Barkers Inn
5. Barkers Inn to Festival Park
6. Festival Park to Fishing Pier
7. Fishing Pier to Bong Center
Dates and Times
Saturday, January 27, 2024 – 10am – 8pm