The information below will help you navigate all the events taking place during the Lake Superior Ice Festival. From parking to shuttles to finding each and every event.
While attendance at the Lake Superior Ice Festival is free, there are certain optional events that do have costs associated. We have noted each of those events on our event schedule and below:
- Food Vendors - food and beverages for sale at various prices
- Ice Racing - Admission fee
- Tournaments (Demos and learn to play are FREE)
- Disc Golf
PARKING AND SHUTTLES
General parking is available on the hill as you enter Barkers Island, the parking lot near the Bong Center, the Boat Launch parking lot and the Barkers Island Inn - please follow all posted signs or barricades.
There will be NO PARKING along Marina Drive on either side. Vehicles parked there will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense. It is important that we keep a safe corridor in case of emergency. Please follow all posted signs!
Those attending the events at the Fairlawn Mansion are encouraged to park in that area and remain there until you leave. You will be able to walk to the shuttles from there.
The haybale shuttles will be available again this year. Please note the routes on the event map for drop off and pickup locations. Riders will be asked to enter and exit on one side of the shuttle only.
The Duluth DTA will also be providing an Accessible Priority Trolley stopping at all parking areas for those needing special accommodations. Please also view that route on the event map.
Shuttles will not make unscheduled stops. Routes have been determined keeping the safety of all riders as the highest priority.
Hay Bale Shuttle
Hay Bale Shuttle Routes will be:
1. Hill Parking area to Festival Park
2. Festival Park to Beach Area
3. Beach Area to Boat Launch Parking Lot
4. Boat Launch Parking Lot to Barkers Island Inn
5. Barkers Island Inn to Festival Park
6. Festival Park to Hill Parking Area
For safety reasons, shuttles will not stop at the beach area when traveling from the Inn.
DTA Trolley Shuttle
The priority for this shuttle is those needing accessible access or those needing extra accommodation such as wheelchairs or strollers. This shuttle will also follow a specific route and riders will only be able to enter or exit at the specified stops. Maps of the routes and stops will be available online and onsite during the event.
DTA Stride Shuttle Routes will be:
1. Bong Center to Fishing Pier
2. Fishing Pier to Festival Park
3. Festival Park to Beach Area
4. Beach Area to Boat Launch Parking Lot
5. Boat Launch Parking Lot to Barkers Inn
6. Barkers Inn to Festival Park
7. Festival Park to Fishing Pier
8. Fishing Pier to Bong Center
Dates and Times
ONE Haybale Shuttle: Friday, January 26, 2024 – 5pm – 8pm
ALL Shuttles: Saturday, January 27, 2024 – 10am – 8pm